Search Engine Optimization Marketing Can Be Affordable
Long before SoFloWeb existed, we owned a small online e-commerce business and our marketing spend was limited. Rather than spending money to pay someone else to do it, we invested our time into learning SEO. After we had a good grasp on what we were doing, my husband and I spent countless hours optimizing our website and had tremendous results from it.
It was during this time when we realized we were really good at optimizing our own website. Our competitors knew who we were and assumed our two-person operation was much bigger than it was. Our decision to sell the business came easily because we both wanted to help other business owners improve their websites without paying outrageous agency fees. This is why we understand the importance of doing SEO and the need for affordable services.
Start With Local SEO
The best starting point for optimizing a small business website for organic search is to implement a local search engine optimization marketing plan. This type of holistic online marketing approach works well for small businesses, new and old. By using a combination of local SEO strategies, your site will have a much better chance competing for page one results.
The most common tactic when doing search engine optimization to a website is using on-page SEO. The content and the HTML source make up the on-page elements. Each of these items should be optimized using the latest industry strategies. Some of the on-page tactics include:
- Creating informative and relevant content (stick to the topic)
- Writing custom META title and descriptions
- Inserting H tags within the body of the content (H1, H2, H3)
- Creating image ALT tags
- Using keywords in image files names
- Inserting internal and external links within text
After you have updated a web page, use Google Search Console to manually submit the URL for re-indexing.
SEO Content Writing
Writing low-quality content to solely target keywords is no longer an acceptable practice. Instead you should focus on creating web page content that is user-focused. This means writing content that provides the end-user with the kind of information they are searching for as well as providing the solution to the reason they need the information.
When writing copy for your website, make sure you are:
- Writing the right type of content for your customers
- Concentrating on readability so people can understand your content
- Making content more detailed to educate and inform site visitors about your services, products or industry
Don’t forget to share all of your new content on your social media accounts and to submit the URL to Google for indexing.
In addition to optimizing your actual website, you can also invest into off-page SEO tactics to reinforce your efforts. This type of search engine optimization strategy refers to work done off-site which can help raise the ranking of pages in search engines.
Some examples of off-page SEO optimization include:
- Creating or improving local business listings in Google, Bing and Apple maps
- Submitting the website to industry related directories.
- Implementing social bookmarking to encourage discussion and sharing
- Posting classified ads on Facebook Marketplace
- Acquiring backlinks, link exchanges or cross-linking opportunities
Result-Driven Search Engine Optimization
Search engine optimization is an ever-evolving market with Google making consistent and constant updates to its search engine algorithm and optimization guidelines. This is why it is imperative that you constantly update your website to use the latest SEO tactics.
With our assistance, we’ll help get your small business more exposure in organic results. Request a quote to find out how much it would cost for SoFloWeb to provide SEO services on your website.